About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The focus of this journal is the dissemination of information related to health and nursing. The scope of this journal is clinical studies of nursing, research, literature review, nursing education and the nursing community. Knowledge covered includes basic nursing, child nursing, medical surgical nursing, maternity nursing, emergency nursing, mental health nursing, community nursing, family nursing and gerontic care. The journal also includes articles related to strengthening the health care system which includes health workers, health behavior and health policies. We receive letters and comments from our published articles. All contributions submitted will undergo a review process in accordance with standard criteria. We accept articles in Indonesian.
Proses Peer Review
Accepted manuscripts are reviewed by a reviewer with relevant specialties within 4 weeks. The reviewer are determined by the editor. Editor sends the manuscript to the reviewer through OJS system, and later the editor will inform the reviewer on the matter. If reviewer is willing to conduct the review, the reviewing process will be carried out on the OJS system. If the reviewer is unwilling, the request will be diverted to other reviewers. Papers that do not meet the criteria for inclusion or are otherwise inappropriate will be rejected without external review. Based on the reviewers comments, the editors will then accept or reject the papers with the following conditions: (1) Accept and publish, with or without editorial revisions, (2) Invite the authors to revise their manuscript, (3) Reject the article outright, typically on grounds of lack of originality, insufficient conceptual advancements or major technical and/or interpretational problems. The Editor-in-Chief will have the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of manuscripts. The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit articles on all aspects of style, format, and clarity. Manuscripts with excessive errors in any aspect, i.e. spelling or punctuation, words count will be returned to authors for revision before resubmission or may be rejected entirely.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that makes research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal follows guidelines from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in facing all aspects of publication ethics and, in particular, how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct. All articles in this journal involving human subjects should respect principles of research ethics as described in Declaration of Helsinki and studies involving animals should obey the International Guiding Principles for Biomedical Research as developed by the Council for International Organization of Medical Sciences (CIOMS).
Kosala : Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan adapts COPE to meet the high-quality standard of ethics for the publisher, editors, authors, and reviewers. As an essential issue, publication ethics needs to be explained clearly to improve the quality of the research worldwide. In this part, we explain the standard for editors, authors, and reviewers. In addition, the publisher doesn’t have the right to interfere with the integrity of the contents and only support to publish in a timely manner.
- Editors should be responsible for every article published in Kosala : Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan.
- The editor must help the writer to follow the specified writing rules
- The editors may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making the final decision.
- An editor has to evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, judging each on its quality without looking to nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors. An editor should decline his/her assignment when there is a potential for conflict of interest.
- Editors need to ensure the document sent to the reviewer does not contain the information of the author, vice versa.
- Editors’ decision should be informed to authors accompanied by reviewers’ comments unless they contain offensive or libelous remarks.
- Editors and all staffs should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Editors will be guided by COPE flowcharts if there is a suspected misconduct or disputed authorship.
- Reviewers need to comment on ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct.
- Reviewers will do the work in a timely manner and should notify the editor if they can’t complete the work.
- Reviewers need to keep the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not accept to review the manuscripts in which there is a potential conflict of interest between them and any of the authors.
- Author(s) affirm that the material has not been previously published and that they have not transferred elsewhere any rights to the article.
- Author(s) should ensure the originality of the work and they have properly cited others’ work in accordance with the format of the reference.
- Author(s) should not engage in plagiarism nor self-plagiarism.
- Author(s) should ensure that they follow the authorship criteria that is explained in instruction for the author of Kosala: Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan.
- The author(s) haven’t suggested any personal information that may make the identity of the patient recognizable in any forms of description part, photograph or pedigree. When the photographs of the patient were essential and indispensable as scientific information, the author(s) have received the consent in written form and have clearly stated it.
- In the case of experimenting on human, the authors have certified that the process of the research is in accordance with ethical standards of Helsinki declaration, domestic and foreign committees that preside over human experiment. If any doubts are raised whether the research has proceeded in accordance with the declaration, the authors should explain it. In the case of experimenting on animals, the authors have certified that the authors had followed the domestic and foreign guideline related to the experiment of animals in a laboratory.
- Author(s) should give the editor the data and details of the work if there are suspicions of data falsification or fabrication.
- Authors of the journal should clarify everything that may cause a conflict of interests such as work, research expenses, consultant expenses, and intellectual property on the document.
The Journal is published two times a year (May and Nopember).
Already have a Username/Password for Kosala : Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan?
GO TO LOGIN
Need a Username/Password?
GO TO REGISTRATION
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Publication: 500.000.00 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.